Breastfeeding is the most natural way to provide your baby with the nutrients, immunity boosting antibodies, and healthy enzymes they require. While baby formula remains an option, breast milk offers multiple benefits to both newborns and their mothers.
Breastfeeding benefits for baby include:
- Protection against allergies & eczema
- As compared to formula, breastfeeding causes less stomach upset, diarrhea, & constipation
- Boosts immunity
- Lowers risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Improved effectiveness of vaccines
- May boost intelligence
- Help prevent obesity
Mothers also benefit from breastfeeding:
- Lowers risk of breast & ovarian cancers
- Helps with post-pregnancy weight loss
- Helps uterus and body recover after delivery
- May lower risk of postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Fosters special closeness and bonding
As per the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the professional team at Carnegie Hill Pediatrics encourages new mothers to breastfeed their newborns and infants.
At Carnegie Hill Pediatrics we provide new mothers the support they require to develop the ability to successfully breastfeed and to manage any issues that should arise.
More specifically, we provide new moms with the advice and hands- on training they need to help baby latch on and establish a comfortable position to breastfeed as well as deal with too much or too little breast milk production or other complications. Our experts also provide support to breastfeeding mothers as they learn to pump, manage late-night feedings, and make the transition back to work.